It’s award time! The Versatile Blogger and Liebster Awards are fun awards to celebrate fellow bloggers. I am honored to be noticed by a couple of my peers and in turn I am excited to nominate other fellow bloggers.
Versatile Blogger Award
A big thanks to Irene A. Waters, a writer and memoirist, for nominating me for this award. Check out her blog here!
In order to accept this award, I am to list 7 interesting things about myself and then choose 15 bloggers to nominate. You can read the official Versatile Blogger Award Rules here.
Seven interesting things about myself (please judge me in the comments section on whether these things are actually interesting):
- I’m a dog person. My childhood cat ruined any chance I had of being a cat person.
- I have lived in Colorado my entire 30 year existence.
- I am good at Ultimate Frisbee but terrible at disc golf.
- My great grandma had two girls 11 years apart, one was my grandma. My grandma had two girls 11 years apart, one was my mom. My mom had two girls 11 years apart, me and my sister. Each were the only two girls in their family.
- I used to speed walk everywhere in high school. I still find walking places to be a waste of time. I would run everywhere if it were socially acceptable.
- I like to go shopping but don’t go very often because I’m too cheap.
- Since having kids my memory has gotten 1000 times worse. This drives me nuts because I used to pride myself on my ability to remember many details.
I nominate the following EXCELLENT bloggers for this award (in no particular order):
- Running on Healthy – A blog for runners (or anyone who wants to be).
- Solo Mama – Single lesbian mom by choice.
- Wading Through The Illusion – Self proclaimed writer and ranter.
- Writing Between The Lines – Uplifting stories and beautiful pictures.
- Kelsey Munger – A highly fragment memoir.
- Laura’s Losing It… – Stay motivated with your fitness goals.
- My Own Mind – A homeschooling atheist mom.
- 52 Beautiful Things – Striving to find some good in the world.
- Perfection Pending – A mom on a journey to let go of being perfect.
- Mommy Man – Adventures of a gay superdad.
- Crazy Art – Creative and fun art.
- Kids Without Religion – Raising kids as independent, logical thinkers.
- Processing The Life – Organizer of The Happy Post Challenge.
- On The Upcycle – Reuse, repurpose, restyle.
- Big Jew on a Diet – Injecting fun into the not-so-enjoyable dieting.
Thanks to fellow newbie blogger, Lisa Caldwell, for nominating me for this second award! Her blog is insperata and there she states, “I like different, unexpected, unpredictable”. She took on the Zero to Hero challenge as well, it’s great to have buddies! Go check out her stuff.
The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- The nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- The nominee must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- The nominee must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers to nominate and provide them with eleven questions of their own to answer.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
Answers to my eleven questions:
1. Describe your computer ability in one word. Well-rounded
2. What is the worst job one can have? Cleaning out port-o-potties
3. What would your super power be? Teleporting
4. What fortune would you want to get from a fortune cookie? You will live a long, healthy, happy life.
5. What advice have you gotten that was the most rewarding? Think of ways to say “yes” to your kids.
6. What TV sitcom family would you want to be a member of? Modern Family
7. Name your favorite movie quote. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.” ~Noah, The Notebook
8. What celebrity annoys you the most? Lindsey Lohan
9. What one food would you never want to give up? Berries
10. What was the best grade you got in school and what was it for? I got mostly A’s, until college. The more memorable grade was the “C” I got in Anatomy and Physiology… devastating.
11. What have you done that you’re the most proud of? I had a drug-free VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
I nominate the following “up and coming” bloggers (in no particular order):
- Sans Sacred – From Christian Minister to Atheist.
- Bring Coffee – A single mom doing something for herself.
- One Crazy Mom – Mom and fitness enthusiast.
- Girlwithadragonflytattoo – All things bright and beautiful.
- Father at 54 – First time father at age 54.
- Somuchandsomuch – So much about questions of faith and religion.
- The Not Alone Project – It’s wrong to think you are alone.
- Raising Skeptics – observations about life, religion, and kids.
- Susie Home-Re-Maker – The DIY homemaker of modern day.
- O My Designs – Inspirations & Designs, for life’s special occasions.
- Write to Live, Live to Write – Because I don’t have any other choice
And the eleven questions for my nominees:
What’s your FAVORITE…
- Vacation Spot
- Movie Genre
- TV show
- Article of Clothing
A big thanks to everyone who is putting their words out there for all to read. It’s worth it for so many reasons
Follow me on social media